The Problem With Dairy Products
In 1990 I had a revelation that changed my life. I eliminated dairy products from my diet and my entire body had a major transformation.
29 years ago I had learned how dairy destroyed my immune system. I even got tested and found out that I had a severe IGG allergy to all dairy products. I will list my symptoms below.
The tests showed that I had A type III food allergy, which is is when the immune system produces specific IgG antibodies (immune globulins of the subclass G). These antibodies can lead to inflammatory processes. The symptoms appear up to three days after the consumption of a trigger food. (1)
My symptoms after ingesting dairy were:
- Allergic reactions - blowing my nose for days, and no help from medications such as Benadryl.
- Mucus in the chest and throat
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Respiratory infections
- Joint inflammation
- Tooth aches
What happened in 1990 when I eliminated dairy for 14 days was profound. All of my symptoms went away. In addition, this was also the time when I did my first detox and juice cleanse. Here is what happened next:
- All joint pain went away, including a nagging shoulder injury appeared to be chronic inflammation, not an injury.
- Allergies since birth were eliminated
- Asthma since birth was completely gone
- Sinus and ear infections no longer existed
- Tooth aches and headaches disappeared
Needless to day that I would never have dairy products again, for the rest of my life. When I do have food that has dairy, by accident, I immediately have all of the symptoms listed above and often have to get a round of antibiotics to fight off the infection.
"Last October, on my Birthday, I had a piece of cake that had dairy. I ended up being very sick until the end of December, for two months, with chest congestion so bad that I had to take antibiotics and over the counter expectorant in massive doses to help me breath. I actually thought i had pneumonia, but I found out it was my bodies reaction to the dairy."
This is the main reason why I promote and eat a plant based diet, free of all dairy including milk, cheese, ice cream, whey protein, and butter. I totally believe that nobody should be ingesting dairy products and that dairy is the single most harmful food to put into our bodies.
Here are some great recipes that use nut milks as one of the main ingredients:
- Sprouted Quinoa Cereal
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Lemon Poppy Blueberries & Oats
- Coconut Fig Maple Cinnamon Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- Low Carb Vegan Chocolate Mouse
References: 1) Often Confused IGE and IGG Food Allergies
- Dale Buchanan