The Benefits of Eating Nuts
Nuts may be one of the best sources of Essential Fats, but there is more to to it than that. In this article, I will explain some benefits of eating nuts and how Dale’s Raw Foods uses them in our products.
First of all, nuts are a great source of essential fats. All fats, including saturated fatty acids, have important roles in the body. However, the most important fats are those that the body cannot make and thus must come from the food we eat. These essential fatty acids (EFAs) are based on linoleic acid (omega-6 group) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3 group). We need both groups of essential fatty acids to survive. (1)
- Nuts are great source of fats, protein, and fiber.
- Nuts are loaded with Antioxidants.
- Nuts can help you lose weight.
- Nuts can lower cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Nuts are beneficial for Type 2 Diabetics.
- Nuts can help reduce inflammation.
- Nuts can reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Dale’s Raw Foods uses a variety of tree nuts in our Protein Bars. Here is a list of each bar and the nuts they include.
- Blueberry Macadamia - Cashews and Macadamia Nuts
- Cafe Mocha - Almonds and Cashews
- Carrot Cake - Cashews and Walnuts
- Cherry Pistachio - Almonds and Pistachios
- Chocolate Almond Coconut - Almonds
- Chocolate Cheesecake - Cashews
- Cinnamon Roll - Almonds
- Cookie Dough - Almonds
- Ginger Snap Cookie - Almonds and Pecans
- Graham Cracker - Almonds
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Cashews and Pecans
- Mint Chocolate Chip - Cashews
- Pumpkin Pie - Almonds, Cashews, and Pecans
- Raspberry Hazelnut - Almonds and Hazelnuts
- S’mores - Almonds and Pecans
- Strawberry Shortcake - Cashews
- Vanilla Cashew - Cashews
Check out all protein bar flavors here
"Although we know that benefits of nuts, we also are aware that many people have allergies to certain tree nuts. Therefore, we have committed to creating a nut free bar in 2019 using a base of Sunflower Butter."
(1) NCBI - The essential of fatty acids
(2) - Healthline Red- 8 health benefits of nuts
- Dale Buchanan