News — superfoods
Overnight Oats now offered in bags
Dale's Raw Oats are now offered in small bags as well as the jars.
Simply empty the bags into a small mason jar, add favorite nut based milk, shake, and set in refrigerator overnight. Order online here
Here is an instruction video on using the overnight oats bags
The Power of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds contain many nutrients essential for the body such as fiber, omega-3 fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals. One ounce of chia seeds (28 grams) is only 137 calories. Here are some ways the nutrients in chia seeds can benefit the body:
- Fiber - One ounce of chia seeds contains 11 grams of fiber. This is why chia seeds can be used as to help promote weightless because fiber makes you feel full so you are likely to eat less. Just one ounce contain 42% of the recommended daily value! Due to the soluble fiber in chia seeds they expand in the stomach and create a gelatin-like substance which is why it makes the body feel full.
- Protein - One ounce of chia seeds contain 4 grams of fiber.
- Fats - 9 grams of fat with 5 of those grams being omega-3 fats.
- Vitamins and Minerals - calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
We use chia seeds in several of our Cafe Mocha and Chocolate Chia Maca raw protein bars.
Also, check out Dale's Raw Chia Seeds 1lb bag
The Many Uses of Raw Cacao Powder
Cacao powder is derived from the cacao pod found in cacao fruit trees. Cacao is full of antioxidants and the flavanols found in cacao have many health benefits.
Have you ever heard that dark chocolate can reduce the risk of cancer, heart attack, stroke and improve overall cholesterol and blood pressure levels?
Cacao contains more antioxidants than dark chocolate so add it into your diet today! It also contains serotonin and dopamine which stimulates feelings of happiness.
Here are some ways you can start adding cacao to your diet:
- Add cacao to your smoothies.
- Sprinkle cacao powder over fresh fruit or yogurt.
- Add it into your brownies or other desserts as a substitute for processed chocolate.
New Raw Recovery Flavor - French Vanilla
A few months ago we had to discontinue the Orange Cream flavor of Dale's Raw Recovery because our supplier was no longer able to manufacture that flavor.
We have added a new flavor, French Vanilla, which you can purchase here.
Nutritional values and recipe are are the same as the orange cream.
NOTE: The current image for this flavor, still shows the bag as Orange Cream, until we get a new photo taken of the new flavor.
Wall Street Journal Article
“I’m not a foodie,” Ms. Pao says. “I eat to live, not live to eat.” Ms. Pao says she can’t be bothered cooking and used to order takeout, like pizza. “Then I realized the ease of a blender,” she says. At least one meal a day comes out of the blender, whether it is a smoothie of almond milk, leafy greens, chia seeds and frozen fruit, or apple-butternut squash soup. She always travels with her blender and Dale’s raw protein bars."
See full article here http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-dance-for-health-1451925675
For the fist 4.5 years Dale's Raw Foods has only sold our own brands. Starting this week, we will now offer other brands to our existing line up of raw, organic super foods.
Right now we feature four other brands:
- Artisana Organics - Makers of raw, organic nut butters, some with cacao added.
- Nutiva - Makers of coconut oil, coconut butter, and hemp seeds.
- Coconut Secret - Makers of Coconut Nectar, Coconut Aminos, and more.
- Barlean's - Makers of awesome greens powders, coconut oil, and more.
We have a few other super food products coming this month as well...Stay tuned.
In addition, we have stopped production of Dale's Raw Nut Butters and Dale's Raw Greens due to increasing ingredient cost's and limited manufacturing space.