News — protein bars
November BOGO Sale
We've had a lot of requests from hundreds of new customers to launch another BOGO sale, and we're happy to do so. The upcoming holiday season is a great time to offer our customers savings on our Protein Bars.
We know that there are still outstanding orders from the previous BOGO that ended October 21. We are diligently working very long days with a full staff to get your orders made and shipped ASAP. Those orders will be completely fulfilled very soon. We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience.
Keep in mind that BOGO orders do take up to 28 days to be fulfilled. This has always been our policy since we started Dale's Raw Foods in 2011, because we don't stock completed products, only the ingredients. Each bar is made fresh the day before they are shipped to you, instead of sending you bars that have been sitting on shelves and losing their nutritional values. We only send FRESH PRODUCT!
We make each order on a first come, first served basis. We are now getting so many orders each BOGO, it simply takes a while to make each order, we can't make them all in a week. The upside is that you are getting FREE boxes of bars that are freshly made.
FYI...This BOGO offer will expire Wednesday, November 28 at 11:59pm EST.
BOGO Sale extended through December 9, 2018
To see all BOGO terms and ordering instructions, click here.
ALSO, I've put together a new FAQ page that gives answers to new questions we get on Facebook and Instagram pages. Click here to read.
Maca Bars Discontinued
We recently discontinued two flavors of protein bars that included the superfood raw maca powder. These flavors include Chocolate Chia Maca and Mango Maca Acai.
The reason for this change is due to ongoing research and testing, by myself, of the negative effects of raw maca powder on the body. I recently started to have severe stomach cramps and digestive issues after consuming raw maca powder or the bars that used maca powder in the ingredients.
The following quote os from TheSuperfoods.net:
"Enzymes contained in the root disturb the normal digestion process causing diarrhea, flatulence and bloating. Intake of fresh maca causes stomach pain."
In addition to discontinuing these two protein bar flavors, we have also stopped selling raw maca powder superfood in bulk.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, however I have a high level of integrity for my company and brand that if I can't eat or consume any of the products that I sell or make for any reason, I do not feel it's appropriate to sell them to my customers.
Fudge Brownie Discontinued
Many manufacturing companies discontinue the production of products from time to time. The automobile industry is a prime example. The car that you once loved is no longer being made or sold. There are many reasons for this, and it usually begins with poor sales of that item.
The food industry is no different. Every once in a while, we have to evaluate our brand and decide what items need to go, what stays, and what is on the horizon. Failure to do this frequently is failure to stay in tune with our business and brand, and ultimately the end to the business.
We recently discontinued the Fudge Brownie raw protein bar for the following reasons:
- 90% of our complaints were for the Fudge Brownie flavor. We don't get very many complaints, but when we do we pay attention.
- Due to the nature of the high amount of raw cacao mixed with the acai powder, the bars were very dry and we tried endlessly to fix the issue with no positive results.
- We already have many other chocolate flavors in our line up such as Chocolate Almond Coconut, Cafe Mocha, Mint Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Hazelnut, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
NOTE: As of September 2017, we also have the new Chocolate Cheesecake flavor.See all protein bar flavors here
New Protein Bar Shape
You may have noticed that our protein bars have changed shape and have new packaging and boxes.
Here is a video explaining the changes:
The new protein bar shape is thinner and longer...
Not to worry! Each bar is still the same volume of 60g, as before, and all of our protein bars are still plant based (vegan), gluten free, non-gmo, and free of dairy, and soy. None of the nutritional values or recipes have change.
We decided to go for a more simplified look of our packaging with less text and less space inside the wrapper. The result is what you are now seeing as the changes. We were also able to make the boxes smaller, which saves paper. Rest assured, the volume of a box of bars is exactly the same as before...12 bars at 60g per bar.
Here is a photo of the new bar shape at 60g.
Here is a photo of the new bar compared to the old bar shape...same weight of 60g each.
Gift Cards Now Available
Need a gift for somebody but not sure what to get them?
Check out our gift cards...perfect for:
- Your Clients
- Prospective Customers
- Give the gift of health food for any occasion
Gift cards are available in amounts: $25, $50, $100, and $150
Visit our Gift Card page to place your order
You will enter recipients email and they will be instructed on how to use the gift card.
Welcome To Our New Website
There are many new features on our new website that you should know about including:
- Customer Log in - Located upper right of the website. This allows you to create an account, update shipping info, track orders, and review your past orders.
- Shop by tag - Located lower left sidebar. Here you will be able to search for any items by tag (ie: vanilla, chocolate, blueberry, strawberry). We have over 50 tags.
- Sort by - Located at top of the category page. This will allow you to filter within that category by price, name, and best selling.
- Customer Reviews - Located at the bottom of each product page. You can view comments as well as star ratings for each product.
- Blog - Our new blog is built right into the website. Click tab in upper right or view our Latest Posts in the left sidebar.
There are many other features and we will be sure to update you regularly as they are added to our new website.