News — protein bar
The Benefits of Ginger
Ginger is a plant that originates from the rainforest in Southern Asia and its root is widely used as a spice in many of our foods.
Many people don’t take advantage of the healing effects raw ginger has on the body. Ginger has many therapeutic effects such as calming an upset stomach and muscle aches to fighting off the common cold and ridding the body of toxins.
Here are some more ways ginger can help heal the body:
- Aids in digestion. Ginger has anti-inflammatory effects and helps ease nausea and fight a stomachache while moving things along in the digestive tract. The digestive benefits of the fibrous root will stimulate the digestive system and helps move food through the gastrointestinal tract quicker.
- Helps fight off the common cold and flu. Relieves congestion and detoxifies the body by getting rid of toxins.
- Reduces Nausea. Relief from morning sickness, motion sickness, gas, diarrhea and even helps relieve menstrual cramps, too!
- Soothes sore muscles. Since ginger has anti-inflammatory effects it’s known to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain. The anti-inflammatory effects can also help with osteoporosis.
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels
Photo used by permission from Adobe Stock
Dale's Raw Foods uses ginger in our Carrot Cake raw protein bar and have plans to use ginger in future flavors.
Protein and Breakfast Bar singles
You can now purchase individual protein and breakfast bars instead of only by box of 12 or variety packs. This is the first time since the inception of our company that we have offered individual bars.
Keep in mind that the best value value will always be to purchase a box of 12 bars of one flavor. Also, discounts and coupons do not apply to individual bar purchases.
You can now shop for a single protein or breakfast bar from our website here
Wall Street Journal Article
“I’m not a foodie,” Ms. Pao says. “I eat to live, not live to eat.” Ms. Pao says she can’t be bothered cooking and used to order takeout, like pizza. “Then I realized the ease of a blender,” she says. At least one meal a day comes out of the blender, whether it is a smoothie of almond milk, leafy greens, chia seeds and frozen fruit, or apple-butternut squash soup. She always travels with her blender and Dale’s raw protein bars."
See full article here http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-dance-for-health-1451925675
Where are the Variety Packs?
The Variety Packs have been temporarily discontinued.
In order for us to have variety packs available, we need to have a surplus of the variety pack flavors above and beyond what we sell of those flavors as full boxes of 12. We have not had this surplus in a while, preventing us from offering the variety packs for any extended period of time.
With sales on an increase, as we approach or busy season and 5th year anniversary, we will not be able to offer the variety packs. We just recently doubled our production and the full boxes of food bars are sold out almost right away. If things do change and we can increase production beyond what we already are doing, we will make an announcement via our email list and Facebook page.
The bottom line is that we are running at full capacity, working long days and weekends, and we still do not have extra product for variety packs. We're a relatively small business, compared to most other food bar companies. We've grown so fast since our inception in January 2011, and we're doing the best we can to make fresh, raw, and mostly organic foods for you to enjoy.