News — chia seeds
Chia Seed Pudding
This is a delicious and very filling meal or snack. Change it up a bit by using different nut milks and other protein flavors. Garnish with goji berries or other superfoods of choice.
- 2 tbsp Dale's Raw Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup Almond milk - unsweetened
- 3/4 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1/2 tbsp Dale's Raw Flax Seeds
- 1/2 scoop Dale’s Raw Muscle Builder - Chocolate
- 1tbsp - Dale’s Raw Cacao Nibs
Instructions: Let sit in refrigerator for a couple of hours, to allow the chia seeds to thicken up and become a gelatin.
- Calories = 307
- Protein = 20g (24% of calories)
- Fat = 18g (48% of calories)
- Carbs = 23g (28% of calories)
- Fiber = 16g
- Net carbs = 7g
- Sugar = 0g
The Power of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds contain many nutrients essential for the body such as fiber, omega-3 fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals. One ounce of chia seeds (28 grams) is only 137 calories. Here are some ways the nutrients in chia seeds can benefit the body:
- Fiber - One ounce of chia seeds contains 11 grams of fiber. This is why chia seeds can be used as to help promote weightless because fiber makes you feel full so you are likely to eat less. Just one ounce contain 42% of the recommended daily value! Due to the soluble fiber in chia seeds they expand in the stomach and create a gelatin-like substance which is why it makes the body feel full.
- Protein - One ounce of chia seeds contain 4 grams of fiber.
- Fats - 9 grams of fat with 5 of those grams being omega-3 fats.
- Vitamins and Minerals - calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
We use chia seeds in several of our Cafe Mocha and Chocolate Chia Maca raw protein bars.
Also, check out Dale's Raw Chia Seeds 1lb bag