News — carrot cake
The Benefits of Ginger
Ginger is a plant that originates from the rainforest in Southern Asia and its root is widely used as a spice in many of our foods.
Many people don’t take advantage of the healing effects raw ginger has on the body. Ginger has many therapeutic effects such as calming an upset stomach and muscle aches to fighting off the common cold and ridding the body of toxins.
Here are some more ways ginger can help heal the body:
- Aids in digestion. Ginger has anti-inflammatory effects and helps ease nausea and fight a stomachache while moving things along in the digestive tract. The digestive benefits of the fibrous root will stimulate the digestive system and helps move food through the gastrointestinal tract quicker.
- Helps fight off the common cold and flu. Relieves congestion and detoxifies the body by getting rid of toxins.
- Reduces Nausea. Relief from morning sickness, motion sickness, gas, diarrhea and even helps relieve menstrual cramps, too!
- Soothes sore muscles. Since ginger has anti-inflammatory effects it’s known to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain. The anti-inflammatory effects can also help with osteoporosis.
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels
Photo used by permission from Adobe Stock