How to do a Juice Cleanse
Over the past many years, I've had a lot of people ask me about juice cleansing. Not being an expert on the topic, I'll simply share 6 tips that I use myself.
- Set a goal - What do you want to achieve from doing this cleanse?
- Design a plan - Are you going to drink juice once a day or do a week week long juice fast?
- Find your recipes - There are literally hundreds of juice recipes. Find ones that work for your goal. I recommend mostly vegetable juices.
- Make juice in advance - Just like you would meal prep, this time you’re going to juice prep. Get glass jars and refrigerate the juice until ready to consume.
- Don’t overdo juices if you’re a beginner - If this is your first juice cleanse, you would do best mixing in some whole foods. If you are new to juicing and go into this full force, the result will be an ill feeling and you will likely get sick. This is due to the release of toxins into the blood that your body is trying to eliminate. (1)
- Be ready to rest and sleep a lot - The first few days are going be rough. You will have little energy and headaches. Make it past this point and you should be fine.
NOTE: Newbies should not do only juice. I recommend a little juice in the morning and afternoon, and whole foods the rest of the day and evening.
Here is website about dealing with detox symptoms: https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/7-ways-to-avoid-detox-symptoms-on-a-cleanse/
- Dale Buchanan