The Many Uses of Raw Cacao Powder
Cacao powder is derived from the cacao pod found in cacao fruit trees. Cacao is full of antioxidants and the flavanols found in cacao have many health benefits.
Have you ever heard that dark chocolate can reduce the risk of cancer, heart attack, stroke and improve overall cholesterol and blood pressure levels?
Cacao contains more antioxidants than dark chocolate so add it into your diet today! It also contains serotonin and dopamine which stimulates feelings of happiness.
Here are some ways you can start adding cacao to your diet:
- Add cacao to your smoothies.
- Sprinkle cacao powder over fresh fruit or yogurt.
- Add it into your brownies or other desserts as a substitute for processed chocolate.
- Dale Buchanan
The Benefits of Ginger
Ginger is a plant that originates from the rainforest in Southern Asia and its root is widely used as a spice in many of our foods.
Many people don’t take advantage of the healing effects raw ginger has on the body. Ginger has many therapeutic effects such as calming an upset stomach and muscle aches to fighting off the common cold and ridding the body of toxins.
Here are some more ways ginger can help heal the body:
- Aids in digestion. Ginger has anti-inflammatory effects and helps ease nausea and fight a stomachache while moving things along in the digestive tract. The digestive benefits of the fibrous root will stimulate the digestive system and helps move food through the gastrointestinal tract quicker.
- Helps fight off the common cold and flu. Relieves congestion and detoxifies the body by getting rid of toxins.
- Reduces Nausea. Relief from morning sickness, motion sickness, gas, diarrhea and even helps relieve menstrual cramps, too!
- Soothes sore muscles. Since ginger has anti-inflammatory effects it’s known to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain. The anti-inflammatory effects can also help with osteoporosis.
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels
Photo used by permission from Adobe Stock
Dale's Raw Foods uses ginger in our Carrot Cake raw protein bar and have plans to use ginger in future flavors.
Protein and Breakfast Bar singles
You can now purchase individual protein and breakfast bars instead of only by box of 12 or variety packs. This is the first time since the inception of our company that we have offered individual bars.
Keep in mind that the best value value will always be to purchase a box of 12 bars of one flavor. Also, discounts and coupons do not apply to individual bar purchases.
You can now shop for a single protein or breakfast bar from our website here
We now use FedEx shipping!
We have officially switched our shipping carrier from UPS to FedEx for several reasons. Below is a list of the benefits for you.
- FedEx has shown to be a more reliable shipping carrier, delivering your package on time
- FedEx has a better track record of package handling, delivering your package in good condition.
- FedEx shipping times are usually faster then UPS.
- FedEx delivers on Saturday to homes (not business).
If you have any further questions, please contact our office using the information on our contact page here.
- Dale Buchanan